Learn more about the annual economic impact of a comprehensive child care system for Vermont...
...and how you can support.
With your support, together we will secure a bright future for our children,
our families, our communities, and our economy.
Take the first step! Sign our petition to join Vermont's Child Care Campaign and become a champion for Vermont's children.
Affirm your organization's support of a public financing mechanism that will fund a statewide system of child care by endorsing the campaign.
Businesses across Vermont are investing in Vermont's Child Care Campaign because they understand that child care makes Vermont work.
When we invest in early
IMPACT ON VERMONT'S CHILDREN & FAMILIES
- 8,752 additional children have equitable access to the care they need for a strong start in life.
- 5,000 additional parents (especially mothers) are able to participate in Vermont's workforce.
IMPACT ON VERMONT'S CHILD CARE INDUSTRY
- 676 new child care businesses will be established.
- 2,500 additional early childhood educators are employed and earning professional wages.
...there is an immediate impact
on Vermont's economy.
DIRECT ANNUAL ECONOMIC IMPACT
- $99.1 million in savings for families when they pay no more than 10% of their household income on child care
- $212.8 million in child care industry growth including new revenue, jobs, and increases in annual wages for early childhood educators
TOTAL: $311.9 MILLION
INDIRECT ANNUAL ECONOMIC IMPACT
- $375 million boost to the economy when parents are able to enter or re-enter the workforce and businesses are able to hire the workforce they need to grow and expand
- $68.8 million in economic spillover effects as a result of child care industry expansion, including increased buying power with increased number of businesses coming online or expanding
TOTAL: $443.8 MILLION
ANNUAL ECONOMIC IMPACT ON VERMONT'S ECONOMY
TOTAL: $755.7 million
Priceless... Child care becomes a sustainable industry that supports the healthy development of Vermont’s youngest children AND contributes to the economy as the workforce behind the workforce.
Child Care Is Everyone's Business explores how child care access and affordability connect to the larger economy, including workforce participation, business productivity, and state economic growth. Read the full report to learn more about the annual economic impact of a comprehensive child care system for Vermont. For a high-level overview of the report, check out our one-page infographic.